GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1999-11 > 0942744084

From: "Virginia Kinley" <>
Subject: Byers/Parke/Meekan/Boyle/Carson/O'Connor
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:21:24 +1100

I am researching my following 3xgrt grandparents in Tyrone and would love
any information however remote please and would like to share what I have..
John Jackson BYERS born 1796 (chr 27/3/1801 at DonaghmoreTyr)I have some
info on his military career as he was an Ensign in the Royal Tyrone Regiment
of the Militia.Joined 20th August 1813 and was still there in 1850.
He married Anna Carson Parke 13/2/1821 in Stewarstown.
My 2xgrt grandmother Josepha Marie was born in Stewartstown in 1844 but
meanwhile I'm sure more children would have to belong to this couple as 1844
is 23 years after marriage date???I have only found 2 probables,a Jackson
Byers who married Margaret McKenny and had Margaret Byers on 24/7/1865 at
Dungannon TYR.and Ellen Byers who married Patrick Donnelly and had Ellen
Donnelly 6/1/1866 at Stewartstown.
John Jackson being a soldier did travel all over Ireland and I can only
presume his wife went with him and other babies were born in other counties.
Anna Carson Parke was one of 15!!!!(spanning 24 yrs) born at Stewartstown to
James Parke 25/2/1772 and Mary Ann Boyle who married 12/8/1791 also at
Stewartstown.
James parents were Samuel Parke(parents Samuel Meekan and Letitia O'Connor)
and Ann Carson.
I'm hoping there are others out there with these ancestors.
Josepha Marie incidentally married Samuel Meekan(born 1841 in Balteagh Co
Derry) 15/9/1874 in Dublin then immigrated to NZ that year.
Virginia Kinley
Qld Australia
Formerly NZ

This thread: