LEMASTERS-L Archives

Archiver > LEMASTERS > 1999-11 > 0941666048

From: "Kelley Friedberg" <>
Subject: Re: [LEMASTER] CREST
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:54:08 -0600

If memory serves, the page preceeding the crest in the Lemasters, U.S.A. book said that each branch or clan of a family may change the crest slightly (especially things like the motto), but the majority of it remains the same. Of course, logically speaking, after so many generations, the crest itself began to change. I will look this up this evening to verify.

Kelley Childers Friedberg

>>> TINA PEDDIE <> 11/03/99 03:39PM >>>
HI PAULA & ALL:
Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong, or expand on what I say here......
I was under the impression that a CREST was created FOR EACH FAMILY
GROUP...not necessarily EVERY PERSON WITH THAT SURNAME....and that it's
pretty difficult to really actually know WHICH CREST WAS FOR WHICH FAMILY
....even if same surname.....
but of course, for us, this far removed from all the early families, we are
probably thrilled (I know I am!) to have a CREST that is even related to my
line!!
Anyone have any ideas about this/???
thanks,
TINA/CA List Mgr.

At 12:37 PM 11/3/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a question about the LeMasters crest. Would it be the same for ALL
>LeMasters? Everyone here seems to be coming from the same line. I haven't
>been able to connect mine YET! I understand though that pretty much all
>LeMasters are related. Are there other crests for LeMasters or is there
>only one?
>Paula
>
>----------
>> Subject: Re: [LEMASTER] Re: 120 MEMBERS! / LeMasters, U.S.A.
>> Date: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 2:36 AM
>>
>> Snail mail address of Katherine LEMASTER Ryan:
>>
>> 1017 Blue Shore Drive
>> Alvarado, TX 76009
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kathy

>> This FREE list is brought to you by ROOTSWEB
>> Rootsweb operates mostly on donations by its users
>> IF you would like to donate money visit
>http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/how-to-subscribe.html

>This FREE list is brought to you by ROOTSWEB
>Rootsweb operates mostly on donations by its users
>IF you would like to donate money visit
http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/how-to-subscribe.html

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort
and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King, Jr.