From: "Jane Nicholson" <>
Subject: [NS-CB-L] 1901 CENSUS - TWO QUESTIONS PLEASE
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:23:21 +0100

Hello list...

Thanks to Tony McNeil and his transcripts of the 1901 census findings. I now have two questions:

1. can someone tell me what a "keiper" is? Have a Nicholson relative who was one in 1901 in Glace Bay.

2. the family history says Christie Nicholson ran a boarding house for miners after her husband Neil died. She's there (#1572) in the Old Bridgeport census, with most of the children. Under her family, at #'s 1580-1582, are three men listed as borders. Would it be fair to assume they were boarders in her home?

Thanks for your insights.

Jane Nicholson
Paris

This thread: