From: "George F. Sanborn Jr." <>
Subject: Re: [NS-CB-L]
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:58:06 -0400

Alex,

You should try to get a location for these cousins, or see whether they might have died. I would start with the two boys (because they presumably did not change their surname over time). Check out these two websites:

www.anybirthday.com [this is useful for locating addresses, not just telephone numbers; use one of the Boston area zip codes for an address (Jamaica Plain is 02130)]

www.google.com [type is Social Security Death Index, and when the list comes up click on the third item down on the list; you are then ready to search; remember, the less information you put in for the search the better as it will broaden your search]

The Social Security Death Index only includes people from about 1962 to about 3-4 months ago, and then only those for whom a death benefit was paid. It does not include people who were covered by some other pension plan, such as teachers, some railroad workers, etc.

You could also try Boston telephone listings. Go to google again and put in "Boston white pages." There are various ways to get at them.

George Sanborn