Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] New Member
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:59:01 EST

Irene is still running like the Everready bunny. I will be taking a test
tomorrow to work for the Census Bureau on the 2010 census. I worked on the 1990
and 2000 census. It was fun and interesting. It is hard to believe how much work
is done before the actual census in order to direct the enumerators to where
the people are. I did Nursing Homes, Hospitals and homeless people (from
1:00AM to 4:00 AM.) Got a $50 bonus for completing my shift!
Also went out before the 2000 census to verify that buildings and housing
units were the same as the previous census. I found one place where two expensive
but small homes were demolished and one giant home built.
AL and Irene

This thread: