From: "Bill & Cathy McGrath" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] 2009 TIGS Dues
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:21:57 -0500

Dear TIGS Member:

It's dues time again. Dues of $10.00 per family are due as of January 1, 2009 and cover the period January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009.

If you were one of the many paid TIGS member for 2008, we want to thank you very much for your past support of TIGS, and we hope you will continue that support by renewing your membership for 2009.

If you are on the TIGS mailing list and are not already a paid member, we hope that you will consider becoming one this year.

TIGS dues have enabled us to purchase a much needed lap top computer for use in scanning and copying records for the TIGS website. We have also purchased four books of the St. Mary's Church, Troy, records on burials and Baptisms for $200.00 and donated them to the Troy Public Library for use in their Genealogy Room. These books will be a great resource for genealogy researchers. The three Baptism books have 24,040 records and the burial book has 5,591 records. More recently we have donated $100.00 to the Burden Iron Museum operated by the Hudson Mohawk Gateway towards the restoration of the Burden Office Building.

Dues checks are made payable to: TIGS and mailed to: Catherine L. McGrath
TIGS Treasurer
48 Bayberry Dr
Clifton Park, NY 12065

On the first page of the TIGS website: www.rootsweb.com/~nytigs/ clicking on "JOIN TIGS NOW!" will bring up the membership form which also has complete instructions for mailing your dues.

I will be out of town for two months starting at the end of January. While mail will be forwarded to me, it would be helpful if dues were mailed earlier in the month of January.

Best wishes to you for a Happy New Year.

Regards,

Cathy McGrath
TIGS Treasurer
Clifton Park, NY