From: "Bradford H Miter" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLLCALL - SURNAME1, SURNAME2
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:13:39 -0500

Hi TIGS Listers,

Per Kristen's suggestion let's have a roll call. Start out your subject
line with ROLLCALL and follow it up with your surnames of interest. In the
body of your message, give us your name and the part of the country/world in
which you reside. Follow that up with any special information you may
already have for the surnames in the subject line. I would suggest that you
only have one or two surnames per message and send multiple messages if you
have a lot of interests.

A reminder. Most of us have the option set in our email to include the
original message in our reply. This can become particularly onerous if
various folks have previously replied to the same email(s) and the quoted
material builds up. Please delete out extraneous material before hitting
the send button.

This situation is not too bad if you are receiving individual messages from
the TIGS list. However, the TIGS list also has an option to accumulate the
messages and send them out to you once a day in DIGEST mode. You can
imagine that it is really a pain to try and get past all the quoted material
when there are 5 or 10 unedited messages in the digest.

Brad Miter (SW Ohio)
List Administrator

This thread: