From: "Andrea Sharp" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLLCALL -Banks, Ahearn/Ahern,Kelly & Gillis
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:48:49 -0500

Hi All.
I am Andrea from Waterford-Halfmoon, NY. But grew up on River Street in
Troy and my family goes back...

The Banks family bought property from the Tibbits on 15th Street, in 1867
(this is the correct year). However the family came from Ireland Co. Sligo,
to NYC (don't know exactly when but I think around 1851?

I have no idea when the Ahearn's got here but some of you may know of my
Grandmother's (Nora Ahern Bank wife of Joseph Banks) Cousin Jack Ahern who
was the Mayor of Troy back in the 1960's. This is the Ahearn family who got
the land allocated from the Warren family (Warren Hill) for Prospect Park in
Troy.

The Kelly's, which was the surname of my Grandmother's (Nora Ahern Banks)
her Mother Marry Kelly Ahearn/Ahern. I know this family lived on Liberty
Street back in the 1800's into the 1900s.

The last surname Gillis, my Grandfather (Joseph Banks), his Grandmother on
his Fathers side Elizabeth Gillis Warren, Husband of Lorenzo Warren (civil
war 125th Reg.), she ran a boarding house in south Troy.

Thanks all for having me, and I am free to help with lookups if needed,
Andrea