From: "Wayne Simmons" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLL CALL: Becket or Beckett
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:38:57 -0500

Hello TIGS List participants:

I currently reside in the North East Ohio area but am originally from Ionia
County, Michigan.
Michigan is where my ancestors migrated to in the early 1800's on my
father's side and
early 1900's on my mother's side.

Currently, I am pursuing my ancestors on my mother's side in the Beckett or
Becket line.
I keep a genealogy website at www.simmonsgenealogy.com with limited
information on the Becket line.
Of immediate interest is my 2nd great-grandfather Oliver Becket b. abt 1835
in Ireland and is believed to have
immigrated into the US around 1853, port of entry is unknown. Also, is
believed to have immigrated to Canada
shortly after that. He was married around 1855 to a lady named Margaret b.
abt 1835 of Ireland also.
They have 3 children that I know of, named: Samuel b. abt 1859 in Canada,
Edward b. abt 1861 in Illinois and Margaret b. abt 1868 in Illinois.

If anyone can help me find additional information about this family I would
very much appreciate hearing from you!

Thanks in advance!
Wayne Simmons
from Ohio and Michigan