From: jeanne <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLL CALL- Minehan, Carroll, Gleeson, Wade,Collopy, Ward
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:42:02 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hello Listers,
Jeanne in Kansas City, Missouri here but born and raised in Boston, MA.

My great grandfather Timothy Minahan was one of 5 silbings to settle in the Troy/ Saratoga area. One sister Catherine Minehan married Patrick Halvey and remained in Limerick, Ireland. The Minahan's were from Rootiagh, Co. Limerick, parish of Mungret. Timothy and wife Johanna Halvey settled in S. Troy (1889)in the First / Second st. areas. Children: John, Margaret, Maryann, Michael, Katherine, Ann, Bertha, Timothy, Honora.

Timothy's brothers were; Edward Minehan and wife Mary Gleeson settled in S.Troy abt. 1860, Jeremiah Minehan and wife Bridgett Carroll,settled in S. Troy, Michael Minehan and wife Ann Keehan settled in Saratoga Springs, they are buried at St. Peter's in Saratoga. A sister Hanora Minehan lived with Edward & Mary Minehan and died young in 1881. All are buried in St. Joseph's Cemetary.

Another branch of Minehan/Minahans include: Children of James and Ellen Ward Minehan; William Minehan and wife Julia Wade, S. Troy, James Minehan and wife Margaret(?) S. Troy, Catherine Minehan married James Collopy, Hanora Minehan married Timothy Collopy. I believe the Collopys' ran a grocery store in S. Troy.

Anyone out there who is related to this booming branch - would be glad to meet you!
Jeanne in KC

This thread: