From: Darleen Lansing <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] roll call -RYAN, MCNALLY, POWELL
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:35:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I currently live in Akrn Ohio but was born & raised in albany, NY. I am researching ggrandmother Delia [ Bridget Ann] Ryan McNally.  She came from Ireland in about 1882, 1883. Married James McNally from Albany, NY in 1894 and had eight children.  One child,  Christopher,  married Mary J. Cuddy in Troy 1921.  Delia was buried in Cuddy family plot in Albany Rural Cemetery with husband James Mcnally.

Mary Ryan was baptismal sponsor of one of Delia's children at St Joseph's church  in Albany in 1897.
In Delia's obit of 1935, it lists her as having a surviving sister, Mrs. Henry Powell from Watervliet.  Possible Delia came from Cork but unsure.  Additionally, many  of true county boundaries in Ireland in 1880's changed over the years. The Mcnallys lived in northern albany close to Watervliet, West Troy. Cannot locate Delia in Albany before 1920 her family may have been from Troy/Watervliet or even NYC
Any assistance greatly appreciated have hit brick wall in locating her information.

Darleen Mcnally Lansing

PS My late husband's family were from Troy & Lansingburg. His father is Gerritt Lansing, his mother was Marian Curtis Lansing- have long lineage from these families.

This thread: