From: "Keefe, Jeanne" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Rollcall: Miller, Nehill, Galvin
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:56:33 -0500

Hi Everyone:

I have hit the proverbial brick wall on the following ancestors:

Anthony Miller, b. abt. 1836, Prussia (Germany). Arrived in Troy in
1850, married Otillie (Matilda) Oswald (O' Swelt in St. Patrick's Church
Records) in NYS in 1860, Otillie was born Jan 15, 1837 in Munchweier,
Freiburg, Baden, Germany). Anthony was a moulder and they lived 339
Ninth Street in 1880,

Anthony & Otillie's children:

Rosa, b. 1863

George John b, 1865

Margaret b. 1867

Mary b. 1867

John F. b. 1869

Francis b. 1870

Christopher b. 1972

Theodore b. 1874

Josephine b. 1878

Otillie died abt. 1881 and Anthony died around 1915 in Troy, NY.

I am trying to find Anthony's parents.

Anthony and Otillie Miller's eldest son, George John (John George)
married Catherine Nehill on Nov. 17, 1899 in St. Patrick's Church in
Troy.

Catherine was the daughter of Patrick Nehill and Susan Galvin Nehill.
Patrick was born in 1831 in County Clare, Ireland to Thomas Nehill
(b.1812) and Mary Jane Nehill and he had a brother named Thomas. Patrick
arrived in Troy on Nov.10, 1851. Patrick was naturalized on March 16,
1860 in Rensselaer County. Susan was born in 1837 in Ireland and died
march 29, 1891 in Troy, NY. They resided at 28 Mount Street, near
Middleburgh. His occupation was a retail meat seller (Butcher) and his
family had a stall in the Fulton Market.

Patrick & Susan had 10 children:

Thomas b. 1852

Bridget b. 1858

Catherine b. 1863

Joseph J. b. 1866

Edward T. b. 1868

William b. 1872

Eileen b. 1876

Albert

Nellie b. 1979

Helen b. 1880

I am trying to identify Susan Galvin's parents and the parent's of both
Thomas and Mary Jane Nehill

Jeanne M. Keefe
Visual Resources Librarian
Architecture, Experimental Media & the Arts

Architecture Library
Greene Building, Rm 306
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180