From: "edward broecker" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll call Sweeney, Brady, McGarry
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:08:36 -0600

I see repeated references to County Longford as the place of origin for many
Troy/Watervliet/West Troy families. My immigrant ancestor James KEENAN
(1787-1848) was from Legan Parish, County Longford. His wife Mary Gillen
(abt 1800-after 1848) was from County Longford. James and GILLENs other
than Mary are buried in Mt. Ida Cemetery, Pawling Avenue, Troy. James
immigrated to America in 1826 from Dublin. Does anyone know if there was a
connection among the Longford immigrants to the Troy area.

Ed Broecker