From: "Rich Nichols" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll Call CLAYTON-BURKE and others not fromTroy
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:00:56 -0500

Let me update my previous reply as all seem to be giving much info which might help one or more of us -

Edward CLAYTON, b ca 1843, Cloyne, Co. Cork; s/o Edward & Hanna CUNNINGHAM CLAYTON. The family actually moved to London and Edward's other siblings were all born in London. The family were tailors by trade. Edward, Jr. first married Mary, surname unknown, and most likely in Ireland as no marriage was found in England. They were found living in Bishopsgate, London on the 1871 census. Edward most likely left Mary (no death record found) and emigrated to Boston, MA about 1874, where he married Catherine E, surname unknown. No marriage record found in MA. They had two children - Margaret, born 15 Jun 1875 in Boston and Ellen born c 1878 in Troy? Catherine most likely died before 1900 and nothing more is known about her. Edward then married Margaret BURKE, 19 Oct 1884 in Troy. They had one known child, William Patrick, who was bapt 23 Oct 1886 and died 4 May 1889 and buried in St. Peter's. Edward died and was buried in St Peter's on 24 Jul 1890 and Margaret was buried 26 May 1903. Margaret was born c 1860 in Ireland. By 1900 the Clayton's were now living in Washington Co. Also buried is a Mary Clayton on 16 Jan 1898 and a Nellie MOON on 28 Feb 1920. Lastly, the plot was taken over in the 1940's by a Anna MCINTOSH who lived in Brooklyn, New York. Is Nellie Moon Edward's daughter Ellen? I have no idea who Mary Clayton or Anna McIntosh are! Maybe someone recognizes some of these people.

John Nicholas Clayton, Edward's brother and my 2nd ggf, also a tailor, lived in Troy for a short period of time when Edward was living there.
They had a dau, Elizabeth (Lizzie), born 20 Nov 1881 in Troy and died young and is buried in NYC.

Other Irish families I am searching but not from the Troy area

WYNNE - Riverstown, Co. Sligo - PA-NY
HOEY - Meigh, Co. Armagh - NYC
MCCRACKEN - Belfast, Co. Antrim? - NYC
FLANAGAN - Co. Meath - PA