From: "James L. Owens" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLL CALLMorrison-McCabe-Trulan-Rafert(t)y-Mullen-Dalton
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:02:49 -0500

My ggrandfather John G. Morrison emigrated to Troy around 1855 after service
in the British Army during the Crimean War. He was apparently from Dublin.
He was a brushmaker by trade.

After he arrived in Troy he did two hitches in the US Navy. He married
Margaret McCabe in 1859. In April 1861 he joined the 30th NY. Later he was
sent to the Western Rivers and served in "Carondolet" and "Lafayette".
Following his discharge he reenlisted in the 21st NY Vol. Cav. serving until
the war ended. His sister-in law was Mary McCabe Trulan married to Robert J.
Trulan..

Jim Owens