From: "Theresa Bora" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Marrage records; Henry Banks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:23:07 -0500

Hi Andrea. I haven't seen any replies to your post. I can't answer your
first question. I suppose a man could call a woman his 'wife', but it
wouldn't make it legal if they really weren't married. I'd be willing to try
to help you sort out all this info if you want me to. A quick look at some
of the censuses shows Henry and Ann/Annie already in Troy with four children
in the off-year 1875 Troy census. No street names are given in that census.
They appear again in the 1880 US census at the 15th St. address in Troy with
four children. The 1900 US census shows them still at 15th St., although
two of the sons are no longer listed. I don't know where this Elizabeth
fits in. I'd be interested to know what records you have. Let me know if
you want me to help you. Terry in Mich.