Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Marrage records; Henry Banks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:41:27 EST

Andrea

I have a 1879 Troy directory and it lists a Henry Banks as follows;

Banks,Henry , speculator, h Fifteenth n South

The h stands for HOME as opposed to business.
In my never ending(but interesting ) quest for relative information I have
come across many times cousins that have exactly the same name(my husband has a
cousin with the same name even today). I also came across the child of one
of my ggggrandfather with a name eg Francis Hope and then another child with
the same name 16 years later. Why? I finally found out the first Francis was
killed at the Battle of the Second Bull Run in the Civil War (he was 16) and
when his parents had another boy a few months after the battle they gave him
the same exact name to "replace" the killed child. Caused me much confusion
for many years as the ages didn't add up.
Moral of story:So maybe there are 2 Henry Banks you are seeing. Just an
observation.Good luck on finding
the answers. Joyce

In a message dated 1/10/2009 10:23:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,