From: "Theresa Bora" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Marrage records; Henry Banks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:07:17 -0500

Hi Andrea. The names you cite for the children of Henry Banks are the same
names listed in the 1880 & 1900 US censuses for Henry and Ann/Annie Banks on
15th Street (the Banks name is mis-transcribed and indexed as 'Bauks' in
1900). It could be that this Ann/Annie is in fact Elizabeth, but Annie's
middle initial on the 1900 Census is M. Do any of your documents list a
middle initial for Elizabeth? When Joyce mentioned in her earlier email to
you that there could be more than one Henry Banks, I thought that might be
the answer, but now I doubt if that's what happened in this case. In your
original post you said you have Henry in the 1900 census with Annie McGowan
as 'wife'. Where does this 'McGowan' name show up? Do you have a copy of
the image from the Deed Book? If so, could you send it to me off-List?
This is a puzzle. There's probably some answer to it, but right now I can't
figure out what it could be. Anyone else out there have any ideas? Terry