From: "Andrea Sharp" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Marrage records; Henry Banks
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:45:13 -0500

Hi Terry,
I have Annie's death certificate, her madden name is McGowan. (as well as
her burial records from St. Mary;s I have Elizabeth Peckham/ Peckmen/Phegman
(I think they are all phonetic spellings) on John T. Death Certificate,
Michael's Death Certificate and on Mary's Marriage license. I KNOW Henry
Banks had two wives. I just have no idea when Elizabeth died and when Henry
married Annie.

I have ship record for Henry on the Dromohan arriving May 20, 1853 port
departure Sligo, with no wife. All records show that Henry and Elizabeth's
children were born in NYC but I just don't know where. I did send a request
to the NYC archives department for John T. born 1859 in Manhattan but no
records were found. So I am guessing either Elizabeth came form Ireland as
Henry's wife later or they met and married here??? The only records of the
Pegnam from Ireland I have is from the Griffith Valuation listing is: head
of household Patrick Pegnam I Roscommon (this is next to Sligo) Parish
Kiltoom, located in Corraclogh. Who knows the story??? It would make a
wonderful book?

That is what I have.