From: "Peggy Quinn" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll Call
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:08:34 -0600

Thanks to all for the great information that's been posted lately. I do love
this activity.

My GG grandmother, Catherine Higgins was born in Troy 21 December 1854. Her
parents were Catherine Donahue and James Higgins. Catherine D. supposedly
born in NY. James was born in Ireland. They had at least one other child,
Mary, who was born 1852. This information was from a transcription of
baptismal records at St. Mary's.

-

Catherine, the younger, married John Joseph Quinn in about 1870. He had
immigrated from Australia but I can't find any documentation of his
arrival. Can't find their marriage either. I do have a lot of information
on the Quinns in Australia and some on their lives in Cloughjordan, County
Tipperary before their emigration in 1848.

Catherine and John had a bunch of children, born in Newburgh, where John
worked in a paper factory according to the census records.

John b. 1872 married Ellen/Eleanor Josephine Walsh (that's my grandparents
who moved to Texas in about 1908 from the Bronx)

Rosemary b 1875 - died by 1890.

Edward b 1872 - married ??, served in WWII

William b 1879 - died by 1890

Mary Margaret (Mae) b.1883

Martin b. 1885 - family legend says he was a spy in WWII

Catherine Loretto b. 1887 - became a nun

Caroline b 1889 married a judge named Charles Thomas; Catherine (her mother)
was with this couple in 1920 at census time. .

Elizabeth b 1892 married Harry Nast.

Joseph John b 1897.

Other than the baptismal records for Mary and Catherine Higgins, I'm not
sure what else might be available in Troy. James may have died there but I
don't know when.

Any information would, of course, be appreciated.

Best of luck to all of us in 2009.

Peggy Quinn

Arlington, Texas

Home Page: http://home.rr.com/quinngenealogy/