From: "Bradford H Miter" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Archives of list
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:59:32 -0500

Frank,
Thanks for your message. Sorry you had trouble with the link to the
Archives page. I see that it was too long to fit in the 75 character line
length limit within the Rootsweb message formats and so the 'OC' was broken
off at the end. Give this abbreviated version of it a try -
http://tinyurl.com/9oxzyk. When 'Tinyurl' asks, just select 'proceed to
site'. I just tested it before sending this out and will do so again after
Rootsweb sends it back to me.

To respond to #2 of your items, I think that a search will be slow unless
you are directing it to just one list. Also, try using the advanced search
window and put your search word(s) in both the body and subject search
windows. Let me know your results.

And, you do NOT have to be a member of Rootsweb, or even the list, to do
searches.

Brad

2.Perhaps I am a little slow, but I am having a problem accessing any
info on the rootsweb site. Even entering a name in a recent post, which I
have open in another window, I get a result which reads " No matches were
found ".

Is there something I am missing. Do you have to be a member or something?

Hope you can help out.

Francis X. Ryan
Grafton NY USA

===NY-IRISH-GENSOC Mailing List===
Time for Society Members to pay up their 2009 Dues. See the Website for
details:
Troy Irish Genealogy Society
www.rootsweb.com/~nytigs/
Click ON - "JOIN TIGS NOW!" to get form.