From: Lee Connolly <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] ROLLCALL - RAINEY: Troy, NY
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:46:05 -0800 (PST)

Adding: My primary family of research has been descendants of  Martin Connolly, who arrived with brother Thomas from Woodlawn, Galway in 1844, followed shortly (?) by mother and sisters: Elloner, Bridget, Rose Ann. From Martin there was Thomas F; my great grandfather; George F, grandfather, and George E, father. They married respectively; Mary Ann Carey, Mary Ann McGuire, Elizabeth "Lillie" McLean, [all of Troy, though not all natives of the city] and Elizabeth Duquette. The mother died first in 1847; Bridget married Patrick Coyne, and Rose Ann married Michael Cain and went to KY. Thomas married Ellen Hubbard. All of them----(exc. Rose Ann) and direct descendants are buried in St. Mary's Cemetery in Troy. I've now begun to wonder whether my grandmother McLean's father---John McLean (Scot) died or just left the family. Nothing conclusively tells me.  Abt 1890-96 would be the dates of probable death or disappearance.