Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Draper,Baker,Paris
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:21:40 EST

Wednesday October 1,2008TroyRecord Article100yearsagoThursday Oct 1,, 1908
“Republicans in the 22 nd Congressional District have nominated 67 year old
William H. Draper for a fourth term to the House of Representatives during a
contentious convention at Fourth St headquarters. The vote was 15-9 with the
other contender being Isaac V. Baker from Washington County. Judge Charles R.
Paris of Sandy Hill speaks for the minority to the Rensselaer County
leadership. “You need our votes and we have bowed our heads in the past but do not
intend to be sidetracked time after time.” The Democrats delayed there
convention anticipating this split and now will nominate someone from Washington
County to lure angry Baker supporters away from the GOP.”

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)

This thread: