From: "Bradford H Miter" <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] New Member with special DAR request
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:58:04 -0500

Please welcome June Kosier to the list. June is working on a DAR project
and if you have any Revolutionary War Irish in you genealogy would you just
respond to her by replying to this message.

June originally wrote:

"I am contacting you for the Van Rensselaer Chapter of the DAR.
We are interested in learning if you know of any Irish Patriots from Troy.
We would like to find out more about Troy patriots for future DAR projects.
Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks."

And subsequently she wrote showing her personal TIGS interests:

" I know most of the Irish arrived in Troy in the 1800's, but I thought
there may be a few who arrived earlier. My patriot was from Scotland. My
mother's family is Irish and arrived in the 1800"s (Hartnett). I started
looking at your web site yesterday and found a James Hartnett that worked at
the Burden Iron works. The story in the family is that one of my mother's
father's brothers worked there and had his leg was severed in an industrial
accident and died. I am looking forward to looking at your web site more."

Brad Miter
List Administrator

This thread: