Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll Call: Downs & Rowley
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:27:18 +0000 (UTC)

I have a Ditmyer(Tracy-Ditmeyer) relative , who was placed in the Troy orphanage as well in 1892. Did your g-father talk much about the times in the orphanage?

vic
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:11:31 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll Call: Downs & Rowley

I have been researching my Grand father's family ( Patrick  Downs). He and
his brother were placed in the Troy Male Orphanage and his  brother ( James
Downs ) died while there. My Grandfather was released to his  mother who by then
was living with her son Morris Downs in South Troy. Morris's  daughter married
Alfred Rowley and they also lived in South Troy.  My  Great Grandfather
Patrick and his wife Mary lived in Green Island at first but  must have seperated
and that is why the boys were placed in the orphanage.

Eileen
**************New year...new news.  Be the first to know what is making
===NY-IRISH-GENSOC Mailing List===
Time for Society Members to pay up their 2009 Dues.  See the Website for details:
Troy Irish Genealogy Society
www.rootsweb.com/~nytigs/
Click ON - "JOIN TIGS NOW!" to get form.