Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll Call. McGONIGAL
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:06:50 +0000

I am a list member living in England.

Daniel R. McGonigal b. Coleraine 1848 went to US in 1868. In 1879 he married
Maria Hennessy in New York City; their son Richard was born (1880)in NY City,
their daur Mary (1881) in NY State. By 1890 Daniel was in Troy- a clerk at 3
Cannon Place and 3252 Sixth Avenue. In 1893/94 he married Abigail E. Bancroft
and Donal (1896) and Pauline (1898) were born in Troy. The family lived at 36
Pinewood Ave. Richard went to Cornell, became a lawyer and married (in Troy)
Mary Collins, daur of Cornelius V.Collins, Superintendent of Prisons and
politically active. They lived in NY City till Richard died in the 1920s. Mary
Collins McGonigal and her daughters Mary (b.1914)and Elizabeth (b.1918) were
back in Troy in 1930 living Mrs Collins. A Mary McGonigal was at 228 Tenth
Street, Troy in 1947. Mary Collins McGonigal died aged 100 in Los Angeles in
1982. Daniel's daur, Mary, was in Troy in 1900 but I don't know anything more.
Donal McG was in Troy till at least 1920; he had joined the US Diplomatic
Service by 1926. Pauline McG lived with her mother till her mother died
sometime after 1935. She was an art teacher at Troy High School and died in
1973.
According to family tradition Daniel's brothers Robert & william also went to
America, 'went West' and disappeared. In 1930 a William & Mabel McG were in
East Greatbush Down, Rensselaer County. Mabel died in 1967; her last residence
was 12181 Troy which was also Pauline's last residence . Did they live
together? Was William Pauline's cousin? Intiguing.
Christopher McGonigal