From: <>
Subject: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] roll call for Coffey-Callahhan families
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:06:15 -0500

I am Margaret "Mimi" Coffey Nicotina researching the Coffey-Callahan families of Albany and Troy.My paternal g.g.grandfather,James F.Coffee(Coffey),appears here legally for the first time,circa 1845,haviing emigrated from Ireland....he was married to a Julia Maloney,who was also from Ireland.Julia had a least one brother living in the area...James supposedly had several brothers and a sister who might have settled south of Albany.Although I am from the Albany branch of the Coffey familiy,I am certain that we are related to the Troy branch....Judge James F.Coffey whose father was from Nenaghh in Ireland. On my mother's side,both her grandparents were from Ireland,and also her father,John Callahan...possibly from Tipperary,but as of now,no document or legal record of that fact.I am also researching the name Donahue,Delaney,Waters,from Green Island,Shevlin,Green,Murphy,and Burns from the Albany area. Mrgret "Mimi"Coffey Nicotina

This thread: