From: Marianne Arnold <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Roll call - KEENAN, LYNCH, HENNESSY
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:40:18 -0500

Dear Edward,
I have been reviewing my TIGS e-mails and noticed this entry from
you. I have been searching for information on my O'Brien, (O'Brian,
O'Brien) and Lynch ancestors in the Troy area for some time, without
success. My great-great grandparents were John O'Brien and Margaret
Lynch. They were both born in Ireland, he about 1820 and she about
1835. (1860 U.S. census for Chicago, IL) I have no idea where. They
married about 1853, whether Ireland or U.S. I don't know. They had
twins born Troy NY 3 May 1856, a boy and a girl. Michael and
Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my great-grandmother. John O'Brien was a
carpenter and I have a listing of a John O'Brian, carpenter in the
Green Island directory for 1855-56. I realize that's Albany County
and not Troy, but I understand there was a lot of interaction between
the two, and there is no John O'Brien, carpenter, that I could find
for the same period in Troy. What I wondered was if you would share
with me your Lynch informatin. What you have seems to be compatible
in ages and I thought there just may be a connection. Thanks so much
for your time. Marianne Arnold