WEDGWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > WEDGWOOD > 2009-04 > 1240052349

From: Andrew Lovatt <>
Subject: Re: [WEDGWOOD FAMILY] WEDGWOOD Digest, Vol 4, Issue 16
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:59:09 +0100

Hi John,

Happy to de-cloak to add to the knowledge of the group as a whole.
I've been watching the list for over a year or more and share some of
the findings with my sister Carole (Lovatt) Evans who has taken up the
root search. We are descended from Dr Thomas Lovatt and Catherine
Wedgwood. Catherine's sons went on to found the Lovatt Langley Mill
Pottery in Heanor, near Nottingham. (All that is left of the Pottery
now is a historic plaque on the wall of a convenience store.) We
visited a few years ago and found the graves of our great-grandparents
in a cemetary nearby.

The Pottery stayed in our family up to our grandfather. Our own dad
was a Shakespearean actor, quite well know in the UK in the 1930s
through 50s, called Geoffrey Edward Spencer Lovatt. The Spencer name
appears frequently in the family history.

I look forward to contributing more as our research bears fruit.

Many thanks for maintaining the Wedgwood Digest.

Best to you and everyone on the list,

Andrew Lovatt